European ADVENTURES!

This is the blog of my amazing adventure in Torino, Italy! Follow it for an easy way to easily access my blog updates!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Torino, Europe, Italy

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

SNOWBOARDING and DINNER with ITALIANS!!!)(*&^%$

heyyy ALL!!!
SOOOOOOO February 20th, 2010 Micki Kelly my roommate and i went SNOWBOARDINGG!!! friday the night before ALL of my roommates and Mickis roommates sat in Mickis apartment for 5 hours planning and researching for our Spring Break together, as well as this weekend to the Amalfi Coast which is outside of Naples, but that night we were all strung about getting everything worked out that after we were done Kelly myself and Micki all looked exhausted... we werent sure if we wanted to go on the snowboarding trip anymore. But then we came to our senses and just said SCREW it!! lets GOO! We had to wake up at 4:30am to meet people at Porta Nuova Station at 6:00am… you know with the bus system you always have to give yourself 45 minutes for transportation because the bus might not come, or you stop at every single stop on the way… you know.. Italy style! Micki, Kelly and I arrived at the station at 5:45am and waited for the others, we then had to take the metro and a bus to meet in the right piazza for the coach (shuttle bus) to come… its dark outside and walking with a mob of kids swishing and swishing from the fabric from all of our snowboarding pants… pretty funny sight. We got on the bus with Italians from the gym and a bunch of American kids…micki and I OF COURSE start singing songs from my ipod and the whole bus looks at us… it was GREAT! Micki and I “fell asleep” for a while and by the time I actually knocked out… we were there, OF COURSE! We got off the bus and got our day passes and headed for the rentals. Now Micki was trying to decide whether or not to snowboard or to ski, now Kelly my roommate skis and shes REALLY good… but she wanted to give snowboarding a chance, which I give her MAJOR props! She was on her butt alllll day!! But she never gave up. Micki on the other hand was on skis, she was doing a lot better… she didn’t fall, and she was like an expert in like an hour. They told me to go on skis but I couldn’t cheat on snowboarding… I have to get better at one or the other, and snowboarding was SO much fun! I know that I am getting better because I was toe turning all day! And helping Kelly out as well. It was a BEAUTIFUL day on the mountain, clear skies not crowded at all!
Lunch time came around and I don’t know if you all know, but in the states in the HUGE mess hall they have like chilly cheese burgers and French fries and all this fating food and all we could talk about on the chair lifts was what we were going to have for lunch, forgetting where we were for a minute we realized that we are in italy and I think their idea of lunch is a pastry… ohh no!! but it turned out great because they had pasta and kous kous (I don’t know how to spell it) and it was SOOO GOOD and hot! Hahah! We got back on the mountain (even though always after having lunch you want to just lie down and have a nap) Kelly and I were on the chair lift and we were looking kind of full and tired, but we had some laughs falling off the chair lift (always) and went down. Now I was shocked to see all the little bambini (kids) skiing and FLYING down the hills (does that bring back memories mom? Alexa and i?) so I am minding my own business and listening to an awesome song on my ipod when this kid comes literally out of no where and runs right into me! It hurt so bad that I couldn’t breathe and I thought that I broke a rib. The kid started crying and the dad came up to me and was apologizing in Italian and yelling at his kid. I said that I was sorry, but I was in too much pain to be super nice. After that on the next chair lift my left index finger was throbbing! I took off my glove on the lift and it was swollen. It still hurts as I type this, but I am ok. But now I know what my fingers will look like if I gain like 100 pounds….EWW! but I toughed it out and went down another run. Kelly took a nasty fall and she looked at me with snow all over her, and almost had tears in her eyes and said, can we be done now. I looked at my finger and then back at her and said, “I thought you would never ask!” we quit the day at 4pm and went down to the lodge and I scooped a ball of snow for my finger and we shared a bottle of wine together and sat in lawn chairs and watched the sun set behind the mountains… it was SO beautiful! After we finished our wine we took the gondola down the mountain and met up with everyone. Returned our gear, and got a beer and loaded on the bus. On the way back I got SUPER restless because I had to pee sooooo baddddd, and I was the only one who said something, and I know the people reading this know that, yes, I AM a LOUD person! STOP THE BUS!!!! We got off at a gas station and released the pain.. ahhh! I think that having to pee and holding it is one of the most painful things. Back on the bus to TORINO! Now we had planned to have our Italian friends cook us dinner that night and Kelly and I were HAGGERED and not presentable and the hot Italians were in our kitchen…. We ran straight to the bathroom to shower and look like girls again. Dinner was made by my favorite Italians in Torino, Giovanni, Fabrizio, and Stefano. And the Lasagna was out of this WORLD! Made from scratch from REAL ITALIANS! We were drinking wine and laughing and talking about our day on the mountain and getting drunk… I was home and not going out so I think I am allowed. ☺ micki and her 4 roommate were there my 4 roommates 3 Italians and Andrew Rap (he lives in down town) came all the way from his house to have dinner with us and had 4 plates of lasagna… and said that he hasn’t had this much fun since hes been in Torino. I told him its because he doesn’t hang out with us…. Hahaha! The night was wonderful all drinking laughing and enjoying each others company. The morning after was so hard to clean because even though they know how to cook… they SURE ARE MESSY! It took all three of us 1 hour to clean our mickey mouse size kitchen, and I was getting an arm workout scrubbing! Ahh! I have a cleaning problem because everything has to be SPOTLESS because if its not then whats the point?

This weekend… actually tomorrow (Thursday) I am leaving for Naples and the Amalfi Coast with my roommates Kelly and Sarah and Mickis roommates Caitlin and Becky, and of course Micki too! Hahah! You will be updated when I get home!!!

Ciaoooo for now!!!! Bacio bacio (kiss, kiss)

Katherine
Ohh mom you’ll enjoy this… another night train, but since theres six of us we have a whole cart to ourselves… no smelly breath, or coughing! Ahhh!! FIRST TIME I AM USING MY EURRAIL PASS!!!!!! Thanks MOM AND DAD!!!!!!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home