European ADVENTURES!

This is the blog of my amazing adventure in Torino, Italy! Follow it for an easy way to easily access my blog updates!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Torino, Europe, Italy

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I saw the POPE!!!

The Pope…
Now I know that a lot of people have their issues with the pope… and for some of his reasoning’s on life are very out there… but the fact that he came to Torino to give Mass was incredible! You couldn’t even believe the amount of people that were here. Our Italian friend Giovanni spent the night at our house and took us there the next day… well actually we took him there.. in our ride…!! We took the BUS! Hahaha! Now he HATES the bus, he says its full of sick and smelly people (which is why I got so sick this semester). So as we waited for the bus, the disgusted look on his face made it all worth while… the look that dad gets on the New York metro! Hahaha! I took pictures! SO amazing! As we took the bus he was grossed out by everything and all we could do was laugh! We arrive at Porta Nuova at 10:30am and walk with the rest of Torino to where you can see the Pope. Then all of a sudden we are in a huddle of old smelly people on an overcast day, it was a mess… a perfect non organized event (italy)! As we mosh to get just a sight of the guy, grandmas little NONNAS are like in my mid back—that’s how little these grandmas are, are shoving me… this one that stood behind micki and I and she was so short.. I don’t even know why she came to the event, she cant even see over people in real life situations.. did she think her destination had a step stool waiting for her everywhere she went?? Honestly this old lady was so short micki was like ‘Katherine, Katherine look behind you…. Does this lady think shes passing us? Or better yet seeing anything???’ hahahaha!! Sooo funny! So after the Italian MOB we finally reach air, after Giovanni told off this other old women… hahah I would have let her pass because she was talking to me in Italian, and god knows what she said but Gio stood up to her in Italian and told her, Signora, blah blah blah blah, but I understood it… he was like ‘Where would you like me to go? We are all waiting here.’ And she said something back at her but I didn’t catch it because I was laughing… he just told off a nonna.. they are treated like royalty here… give my seat up on the bus everyday, helping them pick up what they dropped on the street as I walk past them… ahh annoying ☺! Kidding.
So we finally break free from the sweaty smelly pit, and find a spot next to this television metal stand… we each took turns climbing up on it and looking at the ant like pope almost a quarter of a mile away… he was an ant… so far away.. I got a blurry picture and then said lets go! Hahah! After that we all walked home back to my apartment me, micki, gio, and becky micki’s roommate. It was nice. I realized that it would be one of the last times I would walk home from the train station.. and then my heart began to hurt. I was home and as I entered my apartment I took a big breath in and started to cry…. I will miss italy… I took a shower and laid in bed and fell fast asleep.

Italy is coming to an end…….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home